Back to Parachute List
Details on how Parachute List processes and stores your data.
Last updated: April 10, 2020
This Policy applies to all Parachute List's operating divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, and branches, including its U.S. affiliates, and any additional subsidiary, affiliate, or branch of Parachute List that we may subsequently form.
3. Transparency/Notice - Types Of Personal Information We Collect And How We Use It
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Parachute List and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that Parachute List may collect Personal Information include:
- Parachute List collects personal information specific to individuals, companies, and legal entities that may or may not have a Parachute List account from the public domain and displays this information on https://www.parachutelist.com/.
- You may provide Personal Information directly to Parachute List through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys, during events such as sweepstakes, and requesting Services, or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below. We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
3.1.1 Types Of Personal Information We Collect
Parachute List collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, and guests (collectively "Individuals").
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with Parachute List, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly through the "Contact Us" feature or by some other method, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as name, email address, phone number, current company (such as your employer) or other legal entity name, previous company or other legal entity names, job title, job discipline, job skills, time since layoff, LinkedIn URL (and the personal information on your LinkedIn profile), resume (and the personal information on your resume), location, years of job experience, and details about working remotely or relocating to a new location when you use the "Contact Us" feature, register for Parachute List through one of our registration surveys, forms, or other methods, choose to request information about our Services, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our Services.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/or Services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- Offline Information. As you might expect, we usually collect or receive information through our Site. But we also may collect information offline and it’s important to us that we preserve the privacy of your Personal Information both online and off. For example, if we speak with you by phone, we may ask for your location. There are other ways we could learn of Personal Information offline, but this Privacy Notice doesn’t try to predict all those methods. We just want you to know that we try to treat offline information collection, uses and disclosures consistently with our online privacy practices.
- Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that Parachute List is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you (for example, lead or data enrichment services in addition to public spreadsheets and LinkedIn profiles). This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to Parachute List and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services. Through cookies we place on your browser or device, we may also collect information about your online activity after you leave our Site. We use this information to improve the Site and customize your online experience.
- Information from the Public Domain. We may collect Personal Information about you from the public domain. Personal information sourced from the public domain on https://www.parachutelist.com/ can include name, email address, phone number, current or previous company (such as your employer) or other legal entity name, previous company or other legal entity names, job title, job discipline, job skills, time since layoff, LinkedIn URL (and the personal information on your LinkedIn profile), resume (and the personal information on your resume), location, years of job experience, and details about working remotely or relocating to a new location.
- Information from Third Party Accounts. You may choose to integrate your Service account with certain third-party services, by opting to upload certain of your information ("User Content") (such as your LinkedIn account information) into the Service. No such integrations happen by default; they must be initiated by you. If you choose to connect the Parachute List Service with a third-party service, you give us permission to store your log-in credentials for that service and to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service.
3.1.2 Types Of Personal Information We Collect
Parachute List also collects Personal Information on Persons, companies, and legal entities who have information on the public domain but are not current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, or guests. We use this information to improve the Site and help connect Persons to job opportunities.
- Personal information sourced from the public domain on https://www.parachutelist.com/ can include name, email address, phone number, current company (such as your employer) or other legal entity name, previous company or other legal entity names, job title, job discipline, job skills, time since layoff, LinkedIn URL (and the personal information on your LinkedIn profile), resume (and the personal information on your resume), location, years of job experience, and details about working remotely or relocating to a new location.
- If an individual, company, or legal entity would like any or all of its personal information to be removed from https://www.parachutelist.com/ please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Once the request is processed, all data related to the Persons, company, or legal entity that requested the deletion of personal information will be immediately deleted from our servers. This is not a reversible process and the data is removed permanently.
- We are not liable for any damages of any kind associated with publicizing Personal Information to https://www.parachutelist.com/ and the public domain as all publicized information was either previously in the public domain or provided to us for usage in our Service.
3.2 How Parachute List Uses Your Information
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. Parachute List may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Display information, including Personal Information collected by methods described in sections 3.1.1 and 3.1.2, publicly on https://www.parachutelist.com/.
- Display information, including Personal Information collected by methods described in sections 3.1.1 and 3.1.2, to Users of Parachute List’s Services.
- Email Persons, companies, and legal entities who you provide contact information for.
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Parachute List's Services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
- Allow you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes. Parachute List may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Parachute List's Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on Parachute List's Services and systems, and, in Parachute List's discretion, changes to any Parachute List policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing Parachute List Products and Services. Parachute List may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Parachute List may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and Third Parties
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 5 below.
- Research and Development. Parachute List may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, Parachute List may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and Services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third-Parties or the public domain, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on Parachute List's or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. Parachute List may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Parachute List's Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Parachute List may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Parachute List and with Third-Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Other Uses. Parachute List may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
3.3 Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, Analytics Information, And Interest-Based Advertising
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use certain analytics tools to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop Site content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or Third-Party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Sites or on Third-Party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our Sites, Services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
3.4 Third-Party Websites, Social Media Platforms, And Software Development Kits
The Site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Parachute List does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk. Parachute List's Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by Third-Parties for any number of purposes.
4. Onward Transfer - Parachute List May Disclose Your Information
4.1 Information We Publicize
If an individual, company, or legal entity would like any or all of its personal information to be removed from https://www.parachutelist.com/ please email us at email@example.com. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Once the request is processed, all data related to the individual, company, or legal entity that requested the deletion of personal information will be immediately deleted from our servers. This is not a reversible process and the data is removed permanently.
4.2 Information We Share
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Parachute List has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. Parachute List may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or Service that you have requested. Parachute List may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Hireflow. Parachute List requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Parachute List provided them.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing. Through our Services, Parachute List may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Parachute List related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as "interest-based advertising" or "online behavioral advertising. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Parachute List policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Hireflow; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
4.3 Data Transfers
All Personal Information collected via or by Parachute List may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, Canada, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Parachute List, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
5. Opt-Out (Right To Restrict Processing)
5.1 Email And Telephone Communications
WE MAINTAIN TELEPHONE "DO-NOT-CALL" AND "DO-NOT-MAIL" LISTS AS MANDATED BY LAW. WE PROCESS REQUESTS TO BE PLACED ON DO-NOT-MAIL, DO-NOT-PHONE AND DO-NOT-CONTACT LISTS WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER RECEIPT, OR SUCH SHORTER TIME AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY LAW
5.2 Mobile Devices
Parachute List may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications with information that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. Parachute List may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
5.3 "Do Not Track"
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
5.4 Cookies And Interest-Based Advertising
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt-out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/.
6. Data Retention
6.1 Data Retention From The Public Domain
6.2 Data Retention From User Accounts
7. Security of Your information
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
8. International Users
We prohibit all Persons from visiting https://www.parachutelist.com/ or using any of Parachute List’s Services from outside the United States or Canada.
By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and Processing in accordance with this Policy.
9. Children’s Privacy
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions in the EU under the age of 16) years of age, and Parachute List does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions in the EU under the age of 16) years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent’s permission to access the Services. Parachute List urges parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without parental permission, when online. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions in the EU under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
10. Redress/Compliance and Accountability
11. Other Rights and Important Information
- New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the Individual for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Parachute List will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
11.2 California Privacy Rights
This Policy shall be implemented by Parachute List and all its operating divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates. Parachute List has put in place mechanisms to verify ongoing compliance with Privacy Shield Principles and this Policy. Any Parachute List employee who violates these Privacy Shield Principles and/or this Policy will be subject to disciplinary procedures.
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below.
- "Agent" means any Third-Party that Processes Personal Information pursuant to the instructions of, and solely for, Parachute List or to which Parachute List discloses Personal Information for use on its behalf.
- "Personal Information" is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("Individual").
- "Process" or "Processing" means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
- "Sensitive Data" or "Sensitive Personal Information" is a subset of Personal Information which, due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections. Sensitive Personal Information includes Personal Information regarding EU residents that is classified as a "Special Category of Personal Data" under EU law, which consists of the following data elements: (1) race or ethnic origin; (2) political opinions; (3) religious or philosophical beliefs; (4) trade union membership; (5) genetic data; (6) biometric data where Processed to uniquely identify a person; (6) health information; (7) sexual orientation or information about the Individual’s sex life; or (8) information relating to the commission of a criminal offense.
- "Third Party" is any company, natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than the Individual, Parachute List or Parachute List's Agents.